Wednesday, August 7, 2013

On Trend: Fade Away Color (Pastel PINK)


I saw a photo somewhere with the lightest kiss of pink highlights peeking out from blonde hair and really wanted to give it a try. From what I've seen in tutorials, this is entirely do-able at home because the pink fades quickly (which is perfect for a weekend look, if you can't have pink hair in the workplace). I had mine done professionally because I didn't quite trust myself with a bottle of pink goo. The color did end up fading out completely after about a week. I loved how it looked after three washes (I used dry shampoo in between so it lasted longer). 

I'm thinking of trying a pastel lilac next. It's so fun seeing all of the different ways pastel color is being used as highlights and ombre! Anyone have good results with colorbug or manic panic when trying for a pastel shade?

I found the pics above for inspiration on Pinterest. I took #5 into the salon.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  (My color by: Gene Juarez Salon Seattle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment